Friday, March 11, 1983

Passages


I felt guilty this morning when I woke up, but it was a relaxed day. I packed throughout the afternoon. Lindsey and Barry caught the three o'clock train, and campus was alive with hurrying figures carrying boxes and loading vehicles.

Pete left mid-evening and most of the show has now gone, leaving we few measly remnants behind. I don’t know whether to be sad or glad at leaving. One half of me wants to go, but the other half is, more than anything else, regretful about going back to the tedium of home for five weeks.

I’m taking 3/8th of a gram of speed back with me, for the unorthodox pleasures of consuming said drug among people and places too ‘safe’ and familiar to ever be exciting in the same way. Maybe it’ll liven things up a bit. What I’m trying to say is that I’ll miss this place and all the people in it.

I can hear the quiet murmur of Shawn, Penny and Shelley playing cards down the corridor. The passing of time is painful and sometimes I feel like I want to stay here with these people forever.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative