Monday, November 7, 1983

Pasmore


Poor prospects for the year abroad. I went to a meeting at twenty to four with Colin Pasmore, who’s in charge of year abroad arrangements. I was told that that mine, Guy’s and Pete’s first choice of Miskatonic is very highly subscribed and it’s doubtful we’ll all be there together.

Next on the list would be Camden College in Vermont. Students are coming back from America with £800-plus in debt. I was asked about my money situation and I said I felt guilty asking Mum and Dad to fork out this sum on top of the £1000 they contribute towards my grant.

Exemption from the year abroad would be “no problem” says Colin Pasmore: I would just slot straight in with the final years and take my finals in May 1985, a year earlier.

I also met Mr. Carwardine and apologised to him for missing last Thursday’s tutorial, some lie about illness and a note that wasn’t delivered. He was quite OK about it and told me what’s due for next week (Coleridge, Keats, and Shelley).

We have a reading break this week. I got away with it.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative