Saturday, November 5, 1983

Righteous maelstrom


Lee turned up late last night. He’d been to see the wrestling at the Starlight with Ian and Mick and he’d been at Ian’s house earlier while Ian and his friend Gav snorted heroin, got sick, and generally behaved oddly, talking of travelling down staircases in their minds, etc.

Then they’d all watched The Exorcist, the only light coming from the single candle on Ian’s windowsill in the other room. Ian is strange. They offered Lee some H. but he refused, & he says he wants to become “totally puritan” and cut even alcohol out. I see what he’s getting at. I hate the crap that goes with the ‘drugs scene,’ but I suppose looked at in the right perspective they can be useful.

Lee stayed overnight and I failed to get my essay done; my head was too full of ideas to sit down and focus. I planned on getting up early this morning to make a start, but I slept for eleven hours and didn’t get up until after twelve.

Barry got back at eight a.m. He, Guy, Gareth and Stu went to two parties, the one in New Lycroft and another one at Sutton Road. He found out that Alex Margolin has supposedly blown his grant on a ‘plane ticket to Peru and isn’t coming back. Goodbye Alex. I doubt I’ll ever see him again.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative