Thursday, February 25, 1982

Always classic coats


Everything wet and shrouded in a light drizzle as I walked into school. Typical day, forced conversations, etc. . . .

I didn’t stay long and didn’t do any work except help Claire with her English essay before leaving with Lee at 11.45 to go to my house for an hour and then down into Farnshaw to look at the two second-hand clothes shops there, happy hours looking at, trying on, speculating about the finds: cheap old bright racks, always classic coats. . . .

I paid off the £2 and collected my jacket and walked home feeling despondent. Deborah swept by silent and remote on the opposite pavement: I feel really disappointed at how nasty the whole pathetic thing has become.

Claire rang in the evening about the History test tomorrow. . . .

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative