Monday, October 31, 1983

Dome 2 side 1


My tutorial went OK, but I’ve got to hand in an essay by the end of the week. Tomorrow I’m helping Lee make a video in Crookgreave Cemetery for his course, and going to see Public Image Ltd and hopefully, Psychic TV on Friday.

Barry and Pete are out at Roxy’s tonight, and will no doubt roll back pissed very soon (it’s 2.40 a.m. Tuesday as I write). Mo has just gone to bed, and I’ve just played Dome 2 Side 1 for about the tenth time today.

A scheme has gradually taken shape for squatting the empty and boarded up Barrel Inn at the bottom of Meadspike Road, and although Lee pursues it with enthusiasm we all hang back and I’m not sure I’d enjoy getting the place all straight and cleaned out only to be evicted within a few days.

Lee, Pete, Mo, Barry and I broke in again through a boarded window at the back of the pub’ and explored the dark and dusty bars downstairs and the six or seven carpeted room upstairs. There are two kitchens (one on each floor) and half-a-dozen toilets. Lee is anxious to get things moving and Pete’s been to the Welfare Office on campus to get a booklet on Squatting.

It all looks doubtful. Lee’s been round here quite a lot during the last week and he’s got on well with everyone.

How long ago that speed trip seems.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative