Wednesday, August 15, 1984

Flesh pots


I went round town yet again today, and Lee bought an excellent pair of shoes for a tenner. I cursed my spade-like feet that condemn me to none but the widest of shoes.

I tried to buy my way out of depression and no direction by spending £20, getting Troutmask Replica by Captain Beefheart, a couple of ‘60s singles by Arthur Brown and The Yardbirds, and some food. I’m OK for money at the moment, but Lee is overdrawn because he hasn’t had any dole monies for six weeks since he signed on at the end of June.

He has to write two 1600-word essays by the end of this month or he says he’ll be thrown off his course. Ian has to write three, and hadn’t started any of them by the time he left for Morocco. He said he’d write them while on holiday but I can’t see him writing essays in the fleshpots of Marrakech. Gav hasn’t started on his two either.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative