Tuesday, May 18, 1982

Façade


More Art from nine until twelve and today I really got down to painting with oils. By the time we’d finished I was about 2/3 done. I’m quite pleased with the way it's turning out.

I came out of the exam’ feeling the usual positive optimism but this was soon strangled by staleness, boredom and inactivity. I got involved in a childish and boring water fight with Steve, got totally soaked, and as I was mopping up the water barefoot I hated everything. Other people see this shitty infantile behaviour as the be-all of my character, as Me instead of what it is: the superficial façade of a bored, insecure mind.

I rounded off yet another exciting day in the workroom getting really bugged by Peter and Steve. And I still haven’t done any bloody work!

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative