Monday, May 11, 1981

Jawbone


In the library I was really jawing it away to Claire and Deborah; I felt incredibly talkative. The warm day added to the easy-going, lazy air. I really enjoyed myself. Only twelve people turned up after school for the debate (“This House Believes That Smoking Should Be Banned In All Public Places"). It was so warm and lazy that no one seemed really interested. I proposed the motion and Jeremy opposed; he did all the talking quite and was quite pointed at times! The proposal passed with eight votes for and four against.

It was a brilliantly clear evening but very hazy, and the hot sun beat down. Mum, Dad and I went to Keddon Moor and ended up harping on at each other. Mum seemed sullen over something. I enjoyed it but my ears hurt with the cold. The Making of Mankind was ace! Bob Marley died at 9 p.m.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative