Friday, October 30, 1981

Strands


I woke up at ten after having strange dreams about flying whales. I spent the morning reading about Thoreau in National Geographic (a “true anarchist” according to George Woodcock); his life once kindled in me an urge to travel (e.g. last year’s round-the-world bug) but now that I come to think it out and rationalise it, all that remains is a gut feeling. I’m really glad I decided on American Studies and I have to get hold of one of Thoreau's books. At the moment I feel full of enthusiasm and excitement: there's so much to do and read about.

Jeremy rang at teatime about the film stewarding thing tomorrow and Sunday.

In bed I read The Anarchist Reader and really enjoyed beginning that, finding the strands of my recent and not-so-recent interests and ideas coming together.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative