Wednesday, November 11, 1981

Savage


I was up at seven, said goodbye to Rob and Carol, and got into Dearnelow half-an-hour later, hoping to catch an eight o'clock Easterby bus. But none was timetabled ‘til nine, so I wandered around the cold, empty grey streets.

I finally got to school at about eleven. Duncan ignored me, slamming about again, muttering, “You behaved like a savage and I have no place for barbarism in my life." Although I was free after break and Claire was there I felt awful: foolish, tired, as if I’d acted totally unnecessarily and stupidly. I hated it and as a result was depressed and couldn’t find the effort needed to talk to anyone. Even discussing last night seemed forced.

After school, I went to the Film Society and watched Yanks.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative