Sunday, November 15, 1981

The tyranny of the clock


I did nothing but feel unfulfilled and stagnant all day, merely feeling that I could do so much. Instead I read the Observer into the afternoon, listening to Dad carp on bitterly about a supposedly anti-police article. I thought it was quite fair.

The one thing that fills me with real dread is the thought that three years at University will be just as stultifyingly awful as school. And likely nothing will be different because really the problem is with me.

I read The Anarchist Reader: “The Tyranny Of The Clock” by George Woodcock, J.P. Proudhon on prisons, and Godwin on punishment and right now I feel incredibly optimistic, almost happy. There's so much to do and I have to make myself do new things and force myself into new situations.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative