Monday, January 12, 1981

Sunday January 11th

We all got up at 8.30 and after a cooked breakfast Robert, Andrew and I set off for Rotherham train station, arriving there at about nine-thirty. Andrew’s train went at eight minutes to. I bought a ticket to Easterby (£2.44) and waited with Andrew on the platform. Robert went after the train left and I said goodbye until January 30th or whenever.

For the next hour or so I stomped about in the bitter cold waiting for the 10.48 train to Whincliffe. It was so boring and cold it was unbelievable. The train was about 15 minutes late and we got into Whincliffe at about 12.05. Another long wait until 12.55 for the Easterby train, which also departed late and I eventually got home at about 2.30.

Nanna P. was in when I got home. Dad seemed quite pleased with his Bonsai tree (Japanese Yew) which Robert and Carol bought him for his birthday.

The rest of the day passed idly – my History essay loomed over proceedings but inevitably I didn’t start until eleven when I was in bed, eventually reeling off a couple of sides in as many hours.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative