Tuesday, January 20, 1981

Tuesday January 20th

Today the hostage deal was finally brought about and America’s 40th President, Ronald Wilson Reagan was inaugurated. By midnight however, the 52 hostages were still waiting at Teheran airport for freedom.

Today, I wore my new trousers for the first time – everyone in the common room (D. Verity etc.) really took the piss out of me, but I really like them.

History passed off much as expected, and during the free periods after dinner I persuaded Deborah to miss her Social Work course; she said that she didn’t really want to go. Another day spent talking about handwriting, amusing ourselves with speculating about each others loops and curls (I bought a graphology book on Saturday).

Nothing evening once more.

No comments:

Google Analytics Alternative